Friday, February 17, 2012

A Week in Review

Hi everyone!!

It is Friday night 9:30 pm and I am sitting on my couch watching a movie. Don't feel bad for me, though, I had a hopping week.

It all started Sunday when I BOUGHT TICKETS TO THE OLYMPIC GAMES!!! It seems so unreal that I actually got tickets!! I got very lucky and got reasonably priced ones through the company that commissions all the tickets set aside for US citizens. I am going to two preliminary women's water polo games and the round of 16 beach volleyball games. This happened to coincide with a lecture at school given on the Olympic Games structures and now I am triply excited!!! The water polo games will be in the area of the olympic complex (in Stratford) and the beach volleyball games are in the horse guard parade (opposite Buckingham Palace). This is definitely a once in a lifetime thing and I CANNOT wait.

Woo after that everything does not sam as exciting. Monday was another water polo games, in which we crushed our opponent 8 to 3 to something like that. Afterwards was a unexpected night out in Russell Square where I got to know more of the team and had an amazing time! I didn't even realize it was 2 am and that I should probably get home as I had to wake up at 8 am for classes on Tuesday........


...... and I slept through the first hour of my class. No worries though! Spent all day at school, then went directly from school to the Olympics lecture, then went directly to the London Bridge's bar crawl! Probably one of the most beautiful bar crawls I have ever done. We criss-crossed central London via the bridged from bar to bar. London along the Thames at night is just so beautiful. There were definitely a few bars I cannot wait to go back to because of the view!

Wednesday was all about rest and homework.

Thursday was class all day, work until 1 am.

And now it is Friday. (and its warm! 50+ I am definitely not complaining!)


In other miscellaneous news:

- My flower is still alive!! It officially lasted through winter (aka 5 months). I just got another flower, so here is the real test (my life is so exciting those days...)

- 5 weeks until I visit Chicago!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment