Saturday, February 11, 2012

Australlllia!!

Hi Everyone!

Okay so my New Years Resolution (That is starting in February) is to update my blog more often!

As mentioned beforehand, I spent my winter vacation in Australia. I will try to give a quick summary:

Malaysia
The stopping point of my 24 hours of flying was Malaysia. I wish I had the time to explore outside the airport, but I did learn a bit about the country from the airport. First off, they had a jungle in the center of the airport, which was certainly unique. I had forgotten what humidity felt like. The next adventure was to the bathroom, which had mostly standing up toilets. I suppose it is all about what you are use to! In true american fashion, though, I spent most my layover at the Starbucks. In my defense, It was the only place where I was guaranteed from wi-fi and I needed to study!

Cairns


I spent the first 4 days of my trip traveling by myself around northwestern Australia. My tour included White Water Rafting, a day on the reef, a tour of the tablelands and waterfall circuit, and a day in the Daintree Rainforest (where I got to feed Kangaroos!) . It was really a unique experience, I had never been in a Rainforest before and I was so cool to see all the animals and plants

Newcastle

I flew back down to Sydney on Thursday and met up with Evan at the airport and hopped on a train up to Newcastle. Mitch and Luke picked us up at the train station, VB's in hand. It was so exciting to see everyone again and spend the week of Christmas chilly in Newcastle. Activities included waterskiing (In salt water! A different experience for me), a day at the races, and a day on a Yacht. My friend's families were so inviting and we ended up having 3 full Christmas Meals

Sydney


The last stop on the trip was Sydney! We met up with Emma and Chris and toured the city. We spent our time exploring the city, sailing in Sydney harbor, going to the beach, and the Blue Mountains! The highlight was definitely New Years Eve. Emma pulled out all the stops and we got to be in a private enclosure directly across from the Harbour Bridge (see picture).

I already miss the sun and the beach!! Australia was amazing and I cannot wait to go back! The flight home was a bit depressing as it was back to reality and finals!

No comments:

Post a Comment